My Favorite Book

My Favorite Book


I know that for some people, choose a favorite book is a hard task, due to the almost infinity amount of great books avaible, but for me, it is kind a simple a choice.
"Der Steppenwolf" (in german), is an existentialist work written in 1927 by Herman Hesse, a german philosopher and writer winner of a nobel prize.
The plot talks about Harry Haller a lonely, intellectual bourgeois in the middle of his adulthood, who lives a quite yet boring and monotonous life, passing almost all his day locked in his rented flat, reading classic literature and trying to find a meaning to his existence, away of the noise of the modern city.
The story takes a spin when Haller find a extrange manuscript that lead him to Hermine, a misterious woman who will show him the night side of the city with his Jazz and frenzy events. After that, Haller is driven to the "Magic Theater", where he will experience his whole life in a for of five doors, choosing after this whether or not keep living his life.
This book have a speacial meaning to me because I bought it ramdomly, when I was 13, and I didt know anything about it nor about Herman Hesse. Then when I read it, I realized that it was a master piece and moreover, I felt identified with the existencial doubts of the character, and I think it have acompany my through a great part of my life.
Anyway, a lot of people that I know likes this book too, and feel that it tells something deep about them, and for me that is what makes it special!
Hope you read it!

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

Ladakh, a place I would love to visit!