
I have always think that every holiday is an unique experience and for that it is very difficult for me to choose one of them as my best. even so, I will like to talk about a trip that I made this last summer to Valle del Elqui.
For the ones who don´t know, Valle del Elqui is an arid Valley laid inside the mountains of Coquimbo province, in the feet of the Andes. I went there since one of my sister was keeping a house of artisans and she invited me to go and stay there for free. What was really convenient for my poor situation and my desires of backpacking anywhere with my girlfriend. At first, we arrived to La Serena, a city that was cloudy and not the kind of place that I like, so we hurred up and took the bus to Vicuña, where we met a lot of cool people that at the end of the day carry us to Pisco Elqui, where my sister was. In the morning we discovered the wonderful mountains that surrounded a small and freezing river with the trees and vines hanging on the sides. It was a beautiful place and most of all, a peaceful one. We spended the days walking to the smalls towns next to Pisco, visiting the museums and memorials of Gabriela Mistral, selling Pies that we cooked with my sister and somedays, just relaxing by the river and trying to keep away from the inclement sun. In Valle del Elqui, the time runs slower than in the city, and you can give yourself time to think and see things that you don't notice in your daily life, that's one thing that makes the valley a especial place to me, I hope you will visit it as well!
Hi Arturo! Your travel was really great. I don`t know the Valley, but always I wanted to meet him.
ResponderEliminarthe valle is very special, I would like to go very soon, and see the stars all the night. you travell sond very kind!! bye
ResponderEliminar