CHANGES TO MY STUDY PROGRAMME
In the length of the four years that I have been studying in the "Faculty of Arts" of Universidad de Chile, I have noticed quite a lot of conditions that I would change, both in the Career and in the University itself. Interestingly, almost all of these problems don´t have anything to do with the quality of the classes nor the teachers, but with the administration and the organization of the University as an institutional body.
I have always said that Universidad de Chile is a small representation of Chile, and as funny as it is, that´s true. The faculty of Arts is one of the most careless departments in the university, and its development seems to be disconnected from the richest faculties like Economy or Law. This causes a lack of administration clarity and a lack of resources for keeping up with the projects of the Faculty or even mainainting itself. In that sense, one of the infrastructural things that I find really critical problem, and a especially unacceptable one, for a University that claims to represent diversity, is the conditions of the multiple paths and classrooms that do not allow the good circulation of disabled people. As one of my friend here in the faculty transports on wheelchair, I have seen closely the difficulties of moving in a environment that, far from friendly, is full of accidents and stairs. In a few words, it is not made considering her.
In conclusion, I think that improving the conditions of transport for the disabled people is not only a basic task on the creation of a public institution, but also a huge change in the life of its students and in the perspective of a country that still does no
t visualize it´s minorities.
t visualize it´s minorities.
Hi ! very important your view point, because, I´m sure that in others departments these problems are not than bigger than here in Art´s faculty.
ResponderEliminar